2701 Qns Plaza N, LIC
27-01 Queens Plaza North, Long Island City, NY 11101
Located just over the Queensboro Bridge, this 700,000 square foot office building has a historic past. Originally constructed in 1911 as the Brewster Building, this building housed a manufacturer of Brewster and Rolls Royce cars, horse-drawn carriages, and World War II airplanes. With the completion of a 300,000 square foot expansion by Brause Realty in 2003, Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. fully leased the building as its operational headquarters for over 1,500 employees. Now situated in an emerging area, this building provides tenants with access to all Long Island City has to offer, including museums, galleries, and ethnically-diverse restaurants.
JetBlue Airways moved into the building in 2012 for its new world headquarters.
- Year Built: 2003
- Height: 12 floors
- Floor Sizes: 21,000- 93,000 square feet
- Elevators: 9 passenger, 2 service
- Transit: Queensboro Plaza [7, N, Q subway lines], Queens Plaza [E, M, R]
- Special Features: operable windows, individual air-cooled tenant controlled units
- Major Tenants: Jetblue Airways, Metlife Insurance, Publicis
- Membership: Long Island City BID
|contact:||David Brause||(212) 697-5454|